Mill

 

Gortroe Mill

Gortore mill was closed in 1847 and replaced by Bolster's mill in Curraghbower. There was a grist mill and tuck mill here and there was also a brewery on this site. There are local stories of an orchard here in the early 19th century.

 

Curraghbower Mill

Built by George Bolster in 1848 this mill was in use until the 1930s.  Dan & May Healy were the last occupants of the mill. Dan dealt in stallions of all sorts and mare's were often covered in the yard as Dan supervised.

Top